Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sharia Family Laws

The Sharia Family Laws I found very interesting. Some laws I found very kind and I thought were definitely needed in a society. Other laws in the Family Laws I thought were a little ridiculous. For example one law I thought was absurd and completely disagree was an individual became an adult when they hit puberty. I disagree with the idea that when someone reaches puberty because even then they probably can not make make decisions for themselves. Another Law I thought was a little crazy was the law about a man could have four wives. They still need guidance from adults.  I mean having four wives in a marriage is a little insulting for every women involved. Some of Sharia Family Laws I did agree with were almost the rest of the Laws. They were very community oriented and people friendly. One law I thought was especially heartwarming was the one about how a community should take care of an orphaned child. I think it is incredible that that was a law and back then people were thinking about others.

No comments:

Post a Comment